If your teeth have seen much better days, it might be time for dentures. Here in Dallas, Texas we can return your smile to days of yore. Here are some things to think about when considering dentures:
Smiley Dental and Orthodontics offers two types of dentures:
• Complete dentures replace all teeth, whether on your top arches, your bottom arches or both.
• Partial dentures serve as a substitute for only part of your arch.
Here are some benefits of dentures:
• You’ll be better fit to chew your food, thus obtaining greater nutrients from your food
• You will be able to communicate more clearly with your loved ones
• Dentures give you a kind of face lift; they fill out your lower face so you appear younger
• Your smile will be pristine
Dentures may feel a little strange for a few weeks until you adjust to them. Side effects as you adjust include minor irritation or soreness and increased saliva flow. If these continue for longer than three weeks, please call us at 214.467.4800 so we can adjust your dentures as needed.
Consistent oral hygiene is an important part of daily life for denture wearers. Here’s what your daily maintenance should look like:
• Remove and rinse your dentures after eating
• Brush the inside of your mouth and tongue daily
• Brush your dentures daily with a denture cleanser
• Soak the dentures in water or a denture solution at night and rinse them before putting them back in your mouth.
Would you like to know more? Please call us at 214.467.4800 to schedule an appointment. We’re always here to make you smile.